About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fireman’s Breakfast, Coach Tours, and Another Fun Day

Thursday began cold and early for the men in the group.  I think it is a tradition with the SE group, where on at least one day, the men get up and prepare breakfast for the group.  We started at 8:00am (7:00am CDST), which is the earliest I have been up and out of the coach since I had to deliver it to a repair bay at Red Bay!  It may be cold every day at this time, but I wouldn’t know……. I just know it was very cold and windy this morning! 

Most of the guys showed up and worked well together.  I think most of us were helpers, as it is clear that there are a few guys that really carry the load.

Here is the first picture that I took as I walked up to the pavilion where we had our meeting. 

Fireman's Breakfast 001

I think the KOA misrepresented the campground facilities to Skip Wathen….. the leader about what they had for a rally room.  He said that he expected walls, doors and windows…….. as well as a heater with a thermostat!!!!

The following are pictures that I took as the morning progressed.  Here are hearty soles cracking about 20+ dozen eggs for scrambling.

Fireman's Breakfast 002

I would like to post names with the pictures……….. but I just ain’t good with them.  I will post the names that I do remember.  The following are Nat Hardee(Echelon), center, Robert Ruff (Netfootin), on the right dressed by his wife to look like he just flew his open-cockpit plane in from Alaska, and a guy who was doing most of the work, whose name I regrettably don’t remember.  Their job was to break the yokes, which was not easy!  I even took a shot at it.

Fireman's Breakfast 004

The following photo shows some of the cooks.  They were frying bacon, sausage patties, and link sausage.  The only one I can remember the name for is the guy standing on the front end of the table with the tan shirt and ball cap …..  He is JB Stock(JBStock).

Fireman's Breakfast 005

Here are some more guys manning the cooking grills………

Fireman's Breakfast 006

Shortly before 9:00am, the ladies began to show up for breakfast……. plates in hand!

Fireman's Breakfast 010

Patsy soon joined the ladies waiting to eat and visiting:

Fireman's Breakfast 013

The following photo shows the food line beginning to get ready for serving,,,,,,

Fireman's Breakfast 012

…… and shortly after we opened it up for eating……

Fireman's Breakfast 015

Here is Patsy with our breakfast plates.  It was a very good breakfast:

Fireman's Breakfast 016

Here is a picture of Skip Wathen  (Backdraft) addressing the group.  He and his lovely wife, Marcy, (in the second picture in the yellow shirt) are the real strength (along with a couple of other board members) of the SE region of TRVN:

Fireman's Breakfast 018

Fireman's Breakfast 011

The guy in the white jacket in Skip’s picture, is Alan Rueben (Sidekick).  I met Alan at Brannon’s shop in Red Bay, when I was getting my BrakeSwitch and TV antenna installed on the Bus.

Breakfast was over at 10:00am, and the coach tours started.  The tour consisted of about 8 motorhomes whose owners agreed to show the modifications that had been made to them to give ideas for other owners to consider.  Patsy and I opened our Bus.  For Patsy and I, the tour continued until about 2:00pm.

At 4:00pm, Skip Wathen, a retired firefighter, gave an instructive program about fires and specifically what to be thinking about to survive fires in a coach.  It turned out to be a full day.

Although the rally is not over until Saturday morning, with a potluck dinner on Friday night, Patsy and I are planning to pull out and head to Red Bay for a water leak.  We plan to leave early enough to arrive at the service center by 6:00pm Friday.

No comments: