About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

People and Rigs at Quartzsite

>

Although this posting is about the people camped here, and their rigs, I want to start with a couple of pictures for my buddy, Ralph, that I took while walking around town.
The first is of our friend, Mark, who tried to hit on a local Native American woman. Even though she was 'stuffed', she was really offended..............
At some point while we were walking around, we heard a vendor tell his Huskie to "sit in that chair", and when we turned around, this is what we saw!! It may be that the rocks were too hard on his backside................
We tried to get a photo of each RV and the occupant(s). Here are our camping friends. Note that I have included links to their blogs, if they have one......................
.
Our Canadian friends, Bob and Karen....................
Linda and Mike, our wagonmasters.............
Sandy and Steve, purveyors of a new blog...... Check it out by clicking on the word "blog" and keep the pressure on them to update it!!!
Dave and Sandy, who we originally met in Red Bay.......
Frank, another good Texan!!!!
Bob and Linda, Full-Timers that we met two years ago at Q.....................
Chuck and Lorraine, Tiffin Bus owners that first camped at Q with us last year........
And then, there is our crew! The first is Sue and Mark. Note the "Z" look on the front of the motorhome. Mark is trying to convince us that his rig is a Zypher. To pacify him, Sue has painted him a "Zypher" ball cap. Poor guy......... it is like a person driving a Buick wearing a Rolls Royce hat and trying to convince people that the Buick is one. Oh well....... we keep humoring him!!!! Also, note the painted sign in the windshield that Sue painted to who they are..................
Connie and Manuel, our own Newbies..................
And lastly, Patsy and I. Like Mark and Sue, we have a sign for our motorhome when it is parked to identify us. We had it with our last rig, and Sue painted the Tiffin Bus over the Airstream Landyacht picture. I tell folks that I commissioned Sue, as an artist, to do the sign. Mark argues that "commisioning" imples "paying" for it. I try to tell him that I pay everyday that I look in my rear view mirror, and see his Phaeton, err I mean Zypher........ at least on the days that his under-powered rig can keep up!!!!
........... and yes, Mark and I are good friends!!!
Watch for a "sunset" pictures post on Q.
>

No comments: