About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Friday, January 19, 2007

We made it to Quartzsite, but....

Thursday morning, we went to La Mesa to look at the Winnebago Adventurer 38T. I liked it but Patsy still likes the colors of the Itasca Sun Cruiser that we saw in Victoria. Here are some pictures:


I like the front of this one better too. It also had the leather couch and recliner that Patsy wants to put in ours. The pictures don't show it, but it had an electronic fireplace under the TV...... we'er not sure about that. We would rather have the storage.
Before we left Phoenix, we washed clothes, bought supplies (groceries, etc.), propane, filled the fresh water tank, and emptied the waste water tanks. It was two hours to Quartzsite, and I figured on a smooth and non-eventful ride, but I was wrong.

About 30 minutes out of Phoenix, a guy pulled up beside me in the fast line (speed limit on the interstate here is 75mph, and I was doing it), and rolled down his window. I looked at him, and he was yelling "flat tire"!! I pulled onto the shoulder, and here was what I found:


Of course, for my daughter-in-laws benefit, the jack and wheel wrench was not there when I got out! I started changing the tire before I thought about a picture.

I did get lucky, if you can call it lucky. The car damage was only to the little formed mud flap behind the tire (a little crack), the wheel was OK, and I called Discount Tire Co. in Victoria and they gave me the number of a Discount Tire in Yuma (about 81 miles away from here). I called them, and they checked, and I had bought a 'certificate' for the tires. Therefore, they replaced it for free, but I bought a second one, and put both new tires on the front. I like to buy tires in pairs or fours!

Here's a picture of "Poppo" for my grandkids.


Another thing that happened during the flat, Virgil and Sharon Hoff passed by on the way to Quartzsite, and recognized our MH and stopped. We then followed them on to Quartzsite. Here a picture of the back of their rig with his pickup and a trailer with 4 wheeler in tow.

NOTE:

We are parked in the desert near the RV show in Quartzsite. Last night, I could not hook up with WIFI, but it is raining now, so I gave it another shot, and got on. I don't know exactly when I will post an update again.

1 comment:

rlkllk said...

I see you gave up on "Grandpa"