About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

RVAmerica Chatters Visit Victoria

A couple of days ago, a fellow Victoria RV'er sent me an email and told me that a couple from the RVAmerica Chatters Group was staying in town at a local campground. We are not real active with the chatters group, but I monitor the RVAmerica bulletin boards daily. The month that I retired, we went to the Tampa RV show (January 2005), and had lunch with some of the RVAmerica regulars who were in town for the show. Among them were Bob and Rita Thacker, and they were the folks who were here.


Since we leave tomorrow for Quartzsite, with arranged to have lunch today with them and the Victoria couple, Billy and Billie Stehling. We met at the Siesta Restaurant for mexican food. Here is a picture the group starting (and going clockwise) with my wife in the blue shirt.... Patsy, Billy, Billie, Bob and Rita.



We talked a lot about RV'ing, and I had to hear from Billy and Bob about their "diesel" motorhomes......... sure wetted my appetite to upgrade! To make matters worse, Rita invited us over to see their MH, and it turned out to be really nice. Patsy and I have been 'looking' for a couple of years, and the Thacker's MH had all the space, right colors and floor plan that fit the unit of our choice.

But that's alright.......... tomorrow, we hit a small RV show here in Victoria, and then hit the road for a couple of weeks. And, gasoline is cheaper than gas right now!!!

No comments: