About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Wednesday -- Blue Ridge Parkway Again!!

We spent last night in an Interstate rest area, and when I woke up at 5:30am, I decided to drive to a Walmart in Lenior, NC that we had spotted on our way leaving the BRP yesterday. When I got parked at the Walmart, I turned on my laptop to update some motorhome price data on an EXCEL spreadsheet, and my computer indicated that I was connected to WIFI!!! I looked around and there is a SUBWAY near where we are parked, and I guess they have free WIFI....... anyhow, it is nice, and I am using it.

Here's a picture of us parked tonight....... we may just spend the night here!!

Today, we again continued our tour of the BRP. Our first stop was supposed to be Grandfather Mountain, but when we got there, it was not what we expected, so we passed on it. However, on the drive to it, we got off the parkway, and we came upon a great view of the Linn Cove Viaduct. Here it is:
We visited a couple of old "General Stores", and a home that was donated to the Parkway by the family of a man that lived there. At the first general store, The Olde Hampton Store, we had lunch. They had some good homemade soups and sandwiches. At the Northwest Trading Post on the Parkway, we found a stuffed bear for Matthew. We had already bought Aubrey a 'bear' purse last Saturday at the Smoky Mountain Ranger store. Here are today's pictures......As we were driving off the parkway, we came upon a lot of "Christmas Tree" farms. Here is one with a few mature and a lot of new trees........

and now back to the parkway pictures............

The following sign was interesting because of an old song........ but I thought it was Tom Dooley!!

1 comment:

rlkllk said...

I'm sure Aubrey will be SO EXCITED about a new purse. She's such a girly girl. And Matthew will be so excited about the bear. Take care and talk to ya soon.