About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Tuesday – More Blue Ridge Parkway

We woke up this morning still in the campground in Ela, NC. Since I had WIFI last night, I sent an email to our second lowest MH quote dealer to tell her that we had a better deal, and would take it. When I checked email this morning, we had an email with a better offer. Tomorrow, we will contact them and confirm.

Since I had WIFI, we did some other business that was needed, and ended up working until the noon checkout time. We then took the motorhome with the car hooked up, and drove east. We parked the MH at a rest area, and took the car back to continue our eastward travel on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Along the way, we saw a lake house that was really a “lake house”:

When I was planning this trip, I saw an advertisement for a “Mountain Stream RV Park”, and I remembered that when I first started reading the web site of Bob and Linda (http://www.because-we-can.net/), I thought that they were working in a North Carolina campground that had a name like that. I went back in their journal archives, and found that it was. I had thought that we might spend a night there. Then, last night when we were ready to leave the BRP, we took a HWY 80 down to the interstate to go back to Ela. Hwy 80 turned out to be so curvy and steep, that is was even hard to drive in the car! I told Patsy that I was glad we weren’t in the motorhome.

When we got home and I was planning for today’s trip, I discovered that the Mountain Stream RV Park was on HWY 80!! Today when we parked the motorhome, we decided to head back up to the BRP on HWY 80 and check out the campground. We entered it and drove around. It was a nice well-kept park. On the way out, I decided to walk into the office and see if I could get an embarrassing statement from the owners to print about Bob………. Or maybe even Linda!

When I went in, the couple that owns the park were in the office, so I asked them if they remembered Bob and Linda. They immediately said “yes!”, and then I asked for something that I could print on my blog that would embarrass Bob and Linda. The lady immediately blurted out that she wished that they would come back………. She liked them!!! I explained to them that they were the kind of people that would put toilet paper all over someone’s newly waxed motorhome. They laughed and said that they had read that on Bob’s website, and then I told them that it was my motorhome……… they were kind enough to stop laughing. I took there picture, warned them it would be on my blog, and left before I got into trouble:
By the way, the park and the couple that own it were very nice........ and the drive up HWY 80 from Lenoir was much better than the drive down from the BRP1!

Today was a good drive. Being a weekday, traffic was very light. We stopped at the small town of Little Switzerland, where we scored some nice T-Shirts for the grandkids at the General Store. There is a picture. We also stopped at the Linn Cove Viaduct, the unique bridge on the BRP that is based on a European design. We took a path under it and took some pictures. Those and other pictures follow:

No comments: