About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thursday -- Found my Chassis!

Today was an interesting day. I went early to visit the factory and checkout the welding shop. They don't encourage you to watch the activity in the weld shop........ I assume because of the eye danger with the bright welding light, but I went by myself and toured it. I was surprised and impressed at how much gets done in one day.

I also walked around the whole factory, and found a couple from south Texas whose Phaeton has been painted and is on the finish line. They were complaining about a couple of things, and I hung around to see how the response was, and I was pleased to see what happened. I also got to meet some more key people in the process, and got a chance to find out more about the MCD shades in the coach. I found out about the "test' shades that they are putting in mine, and was told that a Tiffin 'higher up' would directly supervise the installation of mine. I will be there with him.

Patsy and I drove over to the fabric shop and watch the installation of the MCD shades on the valences. I also had the lady show me how to remove them for repair.......... looks fairly easy if my hands fit inside the valence. I had her give me one of the clips, so I know how they work.

When we got back to Red Bay, I took her into the plant, and we walked to the weld shop. To our pleasant surprise, our chassis was sitting outside, and we got a chance to look it over and take a lot of pictures. Our build number is "26638", and everything that goes on it will be makred with that number so we can find it. It goes into the weld shop at 9:55am! Here are some shots (note: the first picture is titled 'Beauty and the Beast'):

We also just got notified that we will get into a site later today. It only has water and electric, but I don't mind dumping every three or four day.

More on the build later.

No comments: