About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday -- Bus Building Continues!

The Tiffin factory starts at 6:00am and they work until 2:30 with lunch time from 11:20am to noon. It was not easy for me to get up at 5:30am (even with the time change to help), but I made it. It was a long day on my feet trying to keep up with everything that is going on.


Today, the Bus finished it's time in the weld shop with the hydraulic lines installed and tested (along with some more welding), and then it got a good dose of black paint (everywhere!!). After that, it went to the wire shop, where they installed two large containers of wire harnesses and the 12volt house batteries. That was finished at about 12:30, and then it sat outside the rest of the day for the paint to dry.


We have ordered the 40' QSP model, and I spotted another one about 6 spots up the line. I have been watching it closely to see and learn what I can before my gets in line. This way, if they close something up before I see what I want to see, then I can watch it more closely when mine gets there.

Here's a picture of the unit fresh out of the paint shop:

Here's our entry with fresh paint. It will be interesting to see how this changes over time. Note the nice hub caps!!:

Here's a couple of shots in the wire shop:

Here's the rig, all wired and painted and waiting for tomorrow when they start building the 'home box':

No comments: