About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Saturday – Resting After a Long Week!

During the week, we had to get up at 5:30am to be able to arrive at the factory by the 6:00am starting time. Every morning, it was cold….. 30’s and low 40’s. On Wednesday, I had a bad sore throat, but we were able to get some Ceprecol lozenges that helped a lot.

During Friday night, I was wheezing and coughing a lot. I woke up Saturday morning and really felt bad. At 8:00am we called Dr. Parma’s answering service (my doctor in Victoria), and found out that he was on call. He agreed that I had an upper respiratory infection. He phoned in some prescriptions to the Wal-Mart pharmacy in Victoria, and we drove to the Wal-Mart in Florence, AL and had them transferred and filled there. It only took 45 minutes and I had the meds in hand. I started them immediately and I really felt a lot better by Sunday morning. I sure do like my doctor……… he is really good to work with.

We also stocked up on food and other necessities while at Wal-Mart. There are not many shopping opportunities in Red Bay.

While we were in Florence, we found a Mexican restaurant called Rosie’s Cantina, and had a really good lunch. It was modeled a lot like a Papasito’s. And like Papasito’s, the plates were large and both of us ended up with a box to take home. Here’s a picture:



The hosts at the campground had given us a map of Florence, and told us that Bob Tiffin lived there. After lunch, we looked up his address and drove by his home. It is located in an old are around the University of North Alabama, and it looks as though it was an older home that he has updated. It is a really nice looking house. Here is a couple of pictures:



No comments: