About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday -- Bus Building Begins

The building of our Bus was scheduled to begin at 9:55AM today. I went over at 8:00AM to look around and as I approached my chassis, I heard a loud noise. Some damned fool driving a pickup and pulling a trailer had hit it. It wasn't bad, but it bend my tail pipe. However, when they pulled it into the welding shop, they noticed it, and had a Spartan guy come by and fix it. Here are pictures of the damage, the fix and the fixer! I even kept the end that he cut off and will make a keychain out of it.............. so I can prove that I did not have the first wreck!!


Here's the chassis being driven into the welding shop:

Here's one of the leveling jacks that was attached to the frame:

Here, they are laying out and welding the frame for the floor of the coach. In the next two pictures, they are setting in on the chassis and then welding it out:

Patsy and I went to get some lunch, and when I got back, they had already added the 'firewall' and framing around the back of the engine. Here's a picture of the generator platform (in the front of the motorhome), and as soon as I took it, the generator was behind me ready to go in!!

No comments: