About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Friday, September 21, 2007

Tarrant County RV Show -- Ft Worth

We attended the RV show yesterday. It was a nice show, and we made some progress. They had a Tiffin Bus with the floorplan that we like on display. We went when the show opened at 1:00pm, and stayed until about 4:30pm. I met Aaron Vogt, owner of Vogt RV, and in a discussion, I told him that I was buying in Missisippi. When he asked why I was not considering Vogt RV, I told him that I gave them a chance, and the salesman didn't seem to want to quote me a price and that when I pushed it, he gave me the highest price of all that I recieved. He told me that they are normally the lowest, and asked for another chance. We have a new sales contact, and I sent him my quote sheet............... We will see!!

Tiffin had a sales rep there. I discussed my concerns about the rear axle weight on the coach, and at first he gave me the normal Tiffin brush off........ "we haven't had any failures of the axles on this coach" type of stuff. I finally asked him to call the factory and get the four corner weights of that particular coach. He told me that he did not think they had that kind of information available. I then told him to call 'Dorothy' at the factory, and she would have them! He finally did, and she gave them to him.

I was pleasantly suprised. The rear weight on this coach was 18,600 lbs compared to 19,400 lbs on a similar coach that I had information on. In fact, this coach has the hydro hot package (about 400 lbs extra) that was not on the other coach, and a feature that I do not want. This coach also has a CCC of 3253 lbs with 4 people!

Although I am pleased with this set of numbers, I am getting confused and concerned about data from Tiffin that does not seem logical and consistent. I have a copy of the Tiffin weight sheet from the first coach, and I copied the VIN number down on this coach so that when I get to the factory in a couple of weeks, I can make sure we are looking at the same data.

The PA park that we are in is very nice, and right in the middle of Arlington. I will update this post with a couple of pictures before we leave. The name is Treetops RV Resort, and they had a nice pool and a garden area. The PA rate is $14 a night for full hookups, and well worth it. Here are the pictures.....

And here's a closeup of Granny in the pool for Matthew and Aubrey:

No comments: