About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Grandkid’s Summer 2013 Vacation #1–Update #1

We left home at about 9:00am on Saturday morning, and arrived at the Bastrop KOA at about 11:00.  Once we got here, Patsy and I remembered that we had been here before, but that time, it was not a KOA.  This was about 9 years ago when we joined a camping club out of Houston, TX that eventually died and some of the members formed the current Camping Friends Club.

Before we left, the kids helped us with the yard.  Matthew mowed (first time), and Aubrey blew the grass clippings off the driveway.  Aubrey saw me taking pictures of Matthew mowing and asked me if I was going to take a picture of her blowing?  She happened to be sitting in a chair blowing bubbles…… so I thought that was what she was talking about……

IMG_1462

That was when I got the following “look”, and she said ‘No, blowing the driveway!!”

IMG_1463

So, here they are working……

IMG_1467IMG_1473

After we got set up in our site, which was right across from the swimming pool, they hit the water, and were in and out of it for the rest of the day.  At times, they had the whole complex to themselves.  The “Splash Park” was considerably less than what I had envisioned, but the kids really had fun.  Here are some pictures……

IMG_1480IMG_1481IMG_1482IMG_1483IMG_1485

Aubrey was proud of her new shirt that Grammie found for her at Kohl’s….

IMG_1479

Sunday started out with more swimming as soon as the pool opened!

I am going to close out by posting a couple pictures of signs.  The first one is for my buddy, Mark Didelot, who is jealous of my ability to make U-Turns with the motorhome….. a lot of them……

electronic-freeway-sign-generator

I also sent the following to my daughter-in-law, who told us not to overfeed the kids…………….

restaurant-sign-generator

Actually, I found a reference to a ‘sign making’ site on the internet where you can create a lot of neat signs…….. and the kid in me just could not resist!!!!

No comments: