About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Finally………… A Road Trip, and I’m Ready!!!

We have been home in Victoria since we returned from the last trip in mid-July.  A lot of the time has been spent working on my parent’s house to get it ready to sell.  My dad passed in 1985, and my mother passed in November 2012.  Since then, we have had one of my brother’s friends living there as a caretaker, paying us only the cost of taxes and insurance plus a small maintenance budget.

When the house was transferred under by brother and my names, the ‘homestead’ protection that my mother had on it was lost, and the tax rate tripled!  Out caretaker did not want to pay that much, and we did not want to have renters, so we decided to put it on the market. 

Patsy and I have been working on removing all the personal items in the house, making many small repairs, doing some wood trim painting (mostly Patsy, the one with the patience), and cleaning up the trees and shrubbery.  I also washed the white painted siding with a Tide & Clorox solution, and it turned out to look really good.  Here are some pictures……

IMG_3515IMG_3520IMG_3525IMG_3526

I had it painted by a very good painter back in my last year of working, when money was not an object(!), and I am glad that I did.  That was 10 years ago, and it has held up very well.

We already have two couples interested in it, and we were just seen cleaning it up and they stopped by and asked.  The first one is working on financing while we take a short two week trip.  We will see!!!!

The two week is made up of two weekend rallies of two different RV clubs that we belong to, on consecutive weekends.  We left on Thursday, and will return in about two weeks. 

Each rally will be covered separately in subsequent blogs.

No comments: