About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Rest of our Summer-Time Travels

After returning from the Disneyworld trip, we only went out in the Bus two times………… Once in late July to take the Grandkids out for an End-of-Summer trip, and a rally over Labor Day weekend with the Camping Friends camp club in La Grange, TX at the Colorado Landings campground

We took the kids to both Lockhart and Bastrop state parks.  We camped for two days at Lockhart, and then spent the day at Bastrop on the way home.  Both parks had very nice swimming pools, and the kids had a really good time.  We were there in the middle of the week, and the pools were not at all crowded.  We only took videos of them swimming, so I don’t have any pictures. 

I did take a picture of them making their “goofy” faces at Kruez Market in Lockhart who have the best sausage that I have ever eaten!

IMG_0717

Another event on this trip, was a flat on the rear PS outer dual tire.  I think that I either ran over something in the restaurant parking lot, or hit a curb, because it failed soon after we left the lot.  It cost a several hours on the side of the road, and a couple of hundred dollars for a used tire, since the sidewall blew out, and the tire was ruined.

The weekend with the Camping Friends was very nice and relaxing.  We got to spend time with friends that we had not seen in over a year, and I entered into a Texas Hold-em tournament and won!

My buddy, Mark Didelot, also helped me change out the awning on my DS rear slide topper that had ripped.  It took us a couple of hours, but we got it done.  Now I owe him a Chocolate malt at Dairy Queen!!  He works for food.

This blog wraps up a very slow summer of minimum travel!!

No comments: