About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas 2012 – A Real Bah Humbug!!!

As I stated in a previous post, back in September, I fell down some stairs and injured my left foot.  Thanks to the incompetence at the radiology department of our local hospital, I spent 2 1/2 months being told that there was nothing wrong with my foot.

After complaining to my family doctor, he set up an appointment with a Podiatrist.  She did not get a copy of the x-rays, but looked them up on the internet with her laptop.  What the radiologist could not see, she saw right away in a very small picture of my x-ray!!  I had three broken or dislocated bones.  The pictures below are an x-ray of the foot before surgery, and an after look with all the ‘scrap’ metal that she had to put in it!!

IMG_0922IMG_0924

Two screws and a plate!!!!  I had the surgery on Wednesday, Dec 12, 2012, and have been off the foot every since……..Therefore, the Bah Humbug!!  I am not enjoying being waited by my wife/nurse as much as I thought, and I am really bored!!  During a visit to the doctor last week, she did tell me that instead of being in a cast for 4 weeks, she plans to remove it next Friday, Dec 28, 2012!!  She said the surgery went better than she thought it would.

As usual, we are planning our annual visit to the desert in Quartzsite, AZ.  The original 4 weeks in a cast schedule had the cast coming off on Jan 9 and us leaving home in the Bus on Jan 10 with my foot in a “Boot”!  Now, I will have the foot in a boot for a little over a week before we leave, in case there are some problems. 

I am bored and want to go someplace!!

My grandkids thought is was a little funny, at first, then they found out how hard the cast was when I kicked them with it!!  Their mother also had a little sick fun with it…… see the pictures:

IMG_0928IMG_0929IMG_0930

Can’t leave out the other granddaughter.  She did not laugh, make any comments, or draw on the cast……… she just sat there and looked pretty, kinda like her grandpa!!!  Of course, she lives in Little Rock, about 600 miles away, so that might have helped her. 

Rachel and Santa

I will close with my view most of the day and night………

IMG_0927

Merry Christmas everybody, and I know the New Year will be better………..it occurs after December 28!!!

No comments: