About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Monday, January 15, 2007

Heading West

Sunday was a 'driving' day. I woke up at 5:00am, and the rain in Conroe had slowed to a drizzle, so I decided it was a good time to go out and hook up the car, and unhook the power and cable TV to the Motorhome. I did it while Patsy toasted some of the 'dutch oven' bread front Saturday night's dinner, and we hit the road about 6:00am. It was cloudy and cold all day with occasional drizzling rain, but we never hit any heavy rain. I stopped at two rest areas on the west side of San Antonio, and neither of them had "working" WIFI.......... so I am adding the Sunday update on Monday morning. We did stop at a rest area before San Antonio, and it worked. After checking the weather in Odessa, as well as the highway conditions, we opted not to go up and see Ron and Carol. We called them and told them that we would stop on the way back in February, since we are planning to go to Dallas and attend an RV show.

We spent the night at a Walmart in Fort Stockton, TX. I did not set up the WAVE heater, so we just crawled under the open sleeping bag that we use on the bed as a comforter. We were comfortable all night, but when we woke up at 8:00am, the condensation on the inside of the windows of the MH had turned to ICE!!!! We checked the temperture (I've got an inside reading, and a remote outside in one of my MH storage bins), and it was 26 outside and 34 inside. Tonight, I will use the WAVE!!

We drove about 25 miles to a rest area, and that WIFI is working great. I checked the weather site, and it had gotten down to 23 in Fort Stockton. Here's a picture at the rest area. Doesn't it look cold??

Today we plan to drive to El Paso, and on into New Mexico.

No comments: