About Us

Southeast (Gulf Coast), Texas, United States

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day - Traveling....

We left the rest area at Shreveport, and headed west on I-20. When we crossed into Mississippi, we stopped at the welcome center, and took some pictures. The one above seemed appropriate for the day. The welcome center was nice. Here are some more photos:
When we left the welcome station, Patsy started questioning me about how we were going to get to Red Bay!! After a while, I realized the map in my head was wrong........ I had confused I-20 with highway 78 that runs across Mississippi, but further north! We had to cut a diagonal up to the NE corner of Mississippi. We looked at the map, and decided to catch the Natchez Trace at Jackson, MS. It was a pleasant drive, away from the Memorial Day traffic on the interstates, but the speed limit was 50mph, and it was a two lane highway with no shoulder.

Here are some pics..........

We finally made it to Red Bay at 8:30PM.......... a long day!!

No comments: